February 17, 2022
The following article is from the Isanti-Chisago County Star
This Monday, North Branch Area Public Schools was proud to host representatives of the North Branch Area Education Foundation and the ECMC Group for the annual awarding of the NBAEF grants to staff members.
This year the foundation — with the assistance of a sizable donation from the ECMC Group — provided seven grants to staff totaling over $11,000. All of the chosen grants were submitted at the classroom level and the initiatives and supplies funded by the grants will benefit not only this year’s students, but students well into the future.
Grants that were approved this year include:
• A sensory light table and supplies for preschool students at North Branch Area Education Center
• Funding for AFJROTC to participate in the American Rocketry Challenge for the first time
• Supplies to create a “calming room” at the high school
• “Show What You Know” materials for second grade students
• Material for a student-led “Kindness Cart” project for elementary special education students
• Engagement materials for first grade students for math, writing and phonics
• Colorful Spaces4Learning carpets to enhance learning for first grade students
Along with the donation from ECMC, proceeds for these grants are raised through a variety of NBAEF annual fundraising events such as the “Perfect 10” gala.